Raleigh Pulsar Aerospacwe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
must've missed this post earlier, of all the 80s Raleighs this and the Quasar sum up the era for me; I had a Quasar from new and I bloody loved that machine till the chainstay snapped, then the lbs fitted a boring black Record Sprint frame (and not even the one with all the gold bling on it), i was mortified

OP
OP
flashspix

flashspix

Thanks Mikey, this was masquerading as a gents commuter all upright, with str8 bars and a sketchy saddle.

Very light resto, paintwork was amazing for the age, faded top decal, but all original gears and brakes, soon as I put new tyres a road bike saddle and old skool handlebars on it, it was a thing of beauty.

I still feel your pain :sad: (you was robbed!)

Well, to be fair to the LBS it was about 1992 by the time it broke, so the chances of having a Quasar frame was slim to none! On the other hand, don't wanna be too nice to them cos when they gave the bike back to me someone hadn't tightened the stem so first corner I went round, bars moved but I carried on straight!

Drago

Legendary Member
Wasn't the Record Sprint frame the same 501 frame as the Quasar in all but colour?

The Pulsar was Raleighs 18-30 steel, so the Quasar was quite a cut above in weight and feel.

dddd

Regular
That handlebar looks like an aggressive bend, some rubber on the lever bodies might make it a fearsome sprinter.

I'm in the States, and never saw that model. I had a 1971 Record that was all steel but for the Milremo stem, I even raced on it.

Top Bottom