Raleigh Record Ace - Reproduction Decals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nicktheheat

Hi,
I have a 1984 Raleigh Record Ace frame that is in desparate need of restoration and full respray. The challenge is finding reproduction decals. H Lloyd only make those for the previous model and the nearest I can get is an offer from cyclomondo.net who will make a set but needs a set of jpg images and dimensions. The frame I have has been somewhat abused and the decal removed/rubbed off

Is there anyone who can help, either by pointing me in the right direction to a supplier or who would be kind enough to provide me jpg images and measurements?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks
Nick

Sterba

Über Member
I am a bit surprised that H Lloyd can't help. Their catalogue shows RRA decals covering many years. Mine is 1982 and they certainly have those. Ask Argos Cycles in Bristol if they have any ideas.

OP
OP
Nicktheheat

Nicktheheat

Thanks Sterba, I've been in contact with H Lloyd but they're unable to help, they provide the decals for the RRA model up to 1982/83. After that Raleigh changed the decals and these are the ones I'm after. Argos Cycles is a good idea, I've seen some of their excellent restored frames in their unit in Bristol, and they're only a few miles away. Thanks again.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
You could try world wide cycle decals...

Google them.

Ive just used their decals for my Sun Snipe build - superb product. Well worth a try...

BUR70N

I am shocked that Nick is unable to help, I know when I enquired about the 525 Triathlon decals he had to go to Reynolds about them to get approval.

OP
OP
Nicktheheat

Nicktheheat

I am shocked that Nick is unable to help, I know when I enquired about the 525 Triathlon decals he had to go to Reynolds about them to get approval.
Is that Nick at H LLoyds?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Hi,
I have a 1984 Raleigh Record Ace frame that is in desparate need of restoration and full respray. The challenge is finding reproduction decals. H Lloyd only make those for the previous model and the nearest I can get is an offer from cyclomondo.net who will make a set but needs a set of jpg images and dimensions. The frame I have has been somewhat abused and the decal removed/rubbed off

Is there anyone who can help, either by pointing me in the right direction to a supplier or who would be kind enough to provide me jpg images and measurements?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks
Nick

Perhaps worth trying to contact him and see his link here? Seems easier to reproduce than the squiggly fonts on my 82 RRA.

OP
OP
Nicktheheat

Nicktheheat

Yea it is.
Just got back home so I can check and avoid mis-quoting his reply. He was unable to help as he didn't want to and any more decals to the range that he already has.
Maybe there isn't a large enough demand to make it worthwhile. Anyway, I must say that I was a little disappointed and surprised but if it isn't economical for it to be done then I can't expect a business to supplement my restoration. However, having said that, if they were available then they might generate further sales.

BUR70N

Interesting as he was able to do a one off for me when I asked..

But its his business and so is open to make his own choices..

OP
OP
Nicktheheat

Nicktheheat

I am a bit surprised that H Lloyd can't help. Their catalogue shows RRA decals covering many years. Mine is 1982 and they certainly have those. Ask Argos Cycles in Bristol if they have any ideas.
Argos have suggested H Lloyd and BicycleDecals.net, neither of which can help.
Looks like it's going to be Cyclomondo once I've got some good images.
Thansks for your suggestions.

Top Bottom