show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
Strictly speaking, my Nishiki Landau is not a "vintage" bike, since nothing but the frame survives from the original stock machine ... and it's been that way since the first year of its existence--1978.

I've owned my Landau since 1979. It was my one love for more than a decade and I still take it out on dates.

It also serves now as my "camera dolly" of choice when I'm making videos.

I created a bit of a history about my old flame on VeloWeb.

landau640-1.jpg

Lovely machine

Attachments

• landau640-1.jpg
    landau640-1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 138

asterix

Comrade Member
SDC10892.jpg

The newly resurrected British Eagle Touristique. It's had a new chainset since then as I couldn't get new rings for the old one.

S1m0nR

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Nice bike Gravity Aided and the photo is a lovely composition too.

Does your name give us a clue as to how you persuaded the Ross to stand up on its own?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Nice bike Gravity Aided and the photo is a lovely composition too.

Does your name give us a clue as to how you persuaded the Ross to stand up on its own?
No, that was a quip my father made when asked how I won a certain small cycling event, The last part was downhill a bit,and my father said I won with the aid of Raleigh and gravity . The Ross stands up because of a water bottle under the pedal , removed via photoshop .

HovR

Über Member
HERE'S MY ALAN RACING BIKE IVE JUST BOUGHT IT BUT HAVENT RODE IT YEAT.

NICE BIKE! :thumbsup:

compo

Veteran
Raleigh Aquilus. Only partially vintage as probably only original parts are the frame and handlebars and crankset! I made it rideable and reliable without worrying about pure restorations.

Raleigh.jpg

TAV

Guru
Is that bonded aluminium? Looks similar to the early Vitus and Peugeot aly frames.
yes the lugs are scrued and glued i received the bike today its lighter than my willier bike im riding at the moment and the frame and forks are like new only thing im going to change is the brakes and levers for some campy record in the next few months and i dont no what pedals to buy any ideas.

Top Bottom