show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
is it one of your jockey wheels? cant really tell on the photo but everything else seems to present and correct... sir!

edit... gear cable for front derailer?

fungus

Veteran
My Dave yates went from this:
5395122739_1d0bda05fd_b_d.jpg

To this on it's 1st ride:
6871772606_3b50a5d4f8_b_d.jpg

All the work was done by me, just need some more sunny days for riding it :smile:

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
My 1959 Carlton Flyer Track. Campag Pista hubs and cranks, Nuovo Record seatpost. Shimano stem and Nitto bullhorns.
Photos from the rear please... and close-ups of the hubs...

MastaDon

Regular
Picked this up at a police auction a couple of years ago and had it brought back to life. It's an early 70's model but not too sure exactly what make it is. A couple of bike shops suggested it was a Flying Scot due to the lugwork but another guy reckons it's not.
122434207.jpg
122434551.jpg

I posted photos of 3 of my Puchs earlier on this thread (page 2, post #34) - can't now seem to quote that post in a way that includes the photos. :sad:

Anyway, I am now selling 2 of them. Click the name for pics.

1975 Puch Touring
I bought this as a 'loaner' bike - it came back to me 6 months ago with no further 'bookings' in sight and it's just too small for me to ride myself(and surplus to requirements anyway). It's in very good working condition - cosmetically has seen better days but surprisingly little rust - nice patina to the paintwork without much fading. Only thing that needs doing is a new seatpost (somebody replaced the original with one that doesn't quite fit and it keeps slipping, even with a shim) and ideally better tyres (these are newish and hardly used but cheap with no puncture protection).

1970s(?) Puch Rugby Sport
This one's a restoration job I just haven't got time to do properly. It was found in a garage (out of sunlight) where it had sat for 13 known years (and very probably nearly 30 years from what we can piece together but that's conjecture). I was told it was from the 1950s but the headbadge makes me suspect late 1970s.

Both have internal hub gears - Sturmey Archer 3 speeds.

Asking £75 for either or £125 for both. Will post these up in the For Sale forum as well. Happy to send further photos to anyone on request by PM - or you can dig around the Facebook photo albums. :smile:

Top Bottom