Raleigh Record Ace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I picked this up on ebay today. It was up for £150 or best offer so I put in a bid for £130 and the seller accepted. The guy worked in a main dealer body repair shop (Which is where I collected the bike from) and the sprayer there had sandblasted the frame back to bare metal, gave it a full re-enamel in classic team colours then lacquered it after the decals had been applied. It hadn't been used since the respray owing to the seller having an addition to his family. The finish is superb, looking showroom fresh.

Flip flop hub with a 16t fixed sprocket on the other side so I'll be changing over to that instead of the freewheel and the back brake can then go. I'll source a standard aero lever for the front and will probanly need a longer stem, but I'll see as the bike feels quite comfortable being stretched out more than my present steed. Just a pair of Exustar pedals and I'll be up and running. Initially it will be set up on the turbo till my finger heals enough to ride again, that being the reason I bought it. But it looks so nice I'll be out on it too, quite excited as I haven't ridden fixed wheel since I was a teenager.

Raleigh 001.jpg

Attachments

• Raleigh 002.jpg
    Raleigh 002.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 32
Nice!

Top Bottom