Raleigh Record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Walked past a local garage (car repairs/MoT test centre) that also sells some bikes

This was standing in the racking outside, looks a big frame size though (23" at least)

10608330_10203886414473042_7604854090859173708_o.jpg

This is the garage in question;

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/363084

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks in really nice nick. Think it's one of the later ones. How much?
Have you checked it out? Looks like the front wheel has been replaced. How tall are you?

Last edited:
Looks like the front wheel has been replaced. How tall are you?
It's the rear wheel that's been replaced. The stock wheels on these later ones were black rims, black hubs and silver spokes :thumbsup:

Other than the rear wheel the bike looks completely original, although the padding and cover have been removed off the saddle.

THIS is the one I've just fettled, (same model), and it rides really nicely but then again steel always does ;)

How much are they after? A new BB, cables, chain, bar tape and brake blocks and it could be a nice cheap bit of retro steel for someone.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
If it's 23" it should be ok. For fifty quid you can't go wrong. Go and get it bought!
Maybe @biggs682 would be interested.

i would be interested but to far away for me to collect , i wonder if they would box it up for a courier to collect ?

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Have to say at 5' 10" I find 23" bikes just to tall. Must admit I have small legs so I find I can only just straddle the crossbar which means if I have to dismount quickly it can get distressful. If you have long legs then you may be ok.

That said at £50 it does seem a pretty good buy.

Top Bottom