Raleigh Sprint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It was a tough decision this morning walking around local car boot .

First find was tired 70's Falcon Black Diamond at £75 , then a sad looking Henry Burton that had just sold for an un disclosed amount and then this "Alloy" According to the seller Raleigh Sprint with all its gold trimmings .

So after a bit of bartering it came home with me ^_^.

IMG_20190803_104329439.jpg
IMG_20190803_104335323.jpg
IMG_20190803_104341408.jpg

Looks ok no stuck post or stem hopefully a quick wipe down and some lubricant .

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice Martin. Record Sprint wasn't it? Must bring one of the earlier ones by the look of it, they seemed to lose the gold as the production ran.

woodbutcher

Veteran
It was a tough decision this morning walking around local car boot .

First find was tired 70's Falcon Black Diamond at £75 , then a sad looking Henry Burton that had just sold for an un disclosed amount and then this "Alloy" According to the seller Raleigh Sprint with all its gold trimmings .

So after a bit of bartering it came home with me ^_^.

View attachment 478318 View attachment 478319 View attachment 478320

Looks ok no stuck post or stem hopefully a quick wipe down and some lubricant .
Nice one, the "bike magnet strikes again"^_^

tom73

Guru
:wub:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
@biggs682 that looks to big for you.

Doesn't look huge to me. I'd say it was a 23 1/2" frame, which is my ideal size at just under 6 foot. Don't forget the stuff that has any pretensions to being "racy" tends to have a shorter wheelbase than general purpose or touring frames. That often results in a taller head tube for a given size since the main triangle of the frame is truncated. Sometimes the BB height may be greater, to avoid pedal strike. Lots of variables that can give a misleading impression of the size of a frame if you don't factor them in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom