Raleigh Winner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Same problem as the last bike don't have the free hub removal tool. On the free hub it says Sachs Mailard Made in France and I counted 24 slots. Had a quick look online but nothing obvious. Can anybody tell me what I need to be looking for. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210831_145642.jpg
    IMG_20210831_145642.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 14

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
It's a freewheel.

Do you intend to re-use it?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You can remove it without a tool by putting a punch, Allen key or similar in one ot those dimples and hammer it clockwise to undo. Lift off the sprockets. Put a try under the hub to catch the ball bearings. Bit fiddly to reassemble but can be done.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
BTW I don’t think a English threaded freewheel will work on french threaded hub.
Never thought a Raleigh would have a Maillard hub & freewheel. Maybe @midlife could plumb his memory banks and tell us if other models also had them?

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
BTW I don’t think a English threaded freewheel will work on french threaded hub.
Never thought a Raleigh would have a Maillard hub & freewheel. Maybe @midlife could plumb his memory banks and tell us if other models also had them?
Raleigh only made basic hubs, higher quality bikes by them had Maillard and the highest had Campagnolo. Then Shimano diversified from fishing reels into hubs and gearing and Raleigh enthusiastically fitted those.

Similar with Weinnman brakes and levers but the least said about Simplex Derailleurs the better.

Top Bottom