Raleigh Zenith

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Personally, I'd get new tyres on, swap out the cables and fit new brake blocks.
Any reason why the seat post needs changing? If not, then leaving the old one has to be cheaper and easier.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
[QUOTE 3154609, member: 45"]Where do you get the continentals from?[/QUOTE]

here http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s104p1591 good service normally in imho

bigjim

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3192748, member: 45"]It's riding great, though he's struggling a bit with the reach on the drops.[/QUOTE]
Fit a shorter stem. I've had to do that with some of my frames. Check e-bay. Or ask on forums. They are not expensive.
Might be worth loosening the brake levers and pulling them back on the bars first, plus swivelling the bars up a bit towards him. Can make a big difference if he rides on the drops.

Stems are as cheap as chips, I bought one recently for my Dawes. i'll edit the post if I can find the link.

why not lift the handlebars a little too? may take the strain off a little

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3192748, member: 45"]It's riding great, though he's struggling a bit with the reach on the drops.[/QUOTE]
Seat looks like it'll shift forwards a bit and the bars look a lot better with the tops flat than sloping down like they were in the first pic.
Nice looking bike. :biggrin:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Does look like a pretty long stem on there, probably for 6'2" or 6'4". As @bigjim said, there was a myriad selection of stems back then, with different stem lengths and heights.
Wish I could find the old flyer showing all that were available, but probably still hanging in the garage at my Fathers old house, sold 20 years ago. I rode an old Schwinn with Columbus Tubing on a lot of rides like that, performance was good and it handled the miles quite well until the frame got too old and noodly for me.

stinaV8

Regular
Looks good , How long is the ride ?

Top Bottom