Ramadhan tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Well tomorrow is the first of Ramadhan, the days fasts are getting longer so no food or drink from about 04:00am until about 20:00pm. May have to reduce the cycling a bit :?:

mondobongo

Über Member
Its fell early again this year?

yorkshiregoth said:
Well tomorrow is the first of Ramadhan, the days fasts are getting longer so no food or drink from about 04:00am until about 20:00pm. May have to reduce the cycling a bit :?:

Summer Ramadhans prove to be very difficult for Muslims living in the north/far north of Scandinavian countries (and other far north/south countries) due to the long and, in some cases, constant hours of daylight.
Winter Ramadhans, though, were a piece of cake; dark most of the time.

Maz

Guru
yorkshiregoth said:
Well tomorrow is the first of Ramadhan, the days fasts are getting longer so no food or drink from about 04:00am until about 20:00pm. May have to reduce the cycling a bit :smile:
I won't be risking the bicycle commute - the days are still a bit too long. Bus and car for the next month for me.

Maz

Guru
Dayvo said:
Winter Ramadhans, though, were a piece of cake
You can only eat it after sunset, though. :smile:

Maz

Guru
Aperitif said:
You declaring a 'fatwheela' on bike riding Maz? :thumbsup:
You should enter 10 of your best puns into a competition.
None of them would win, though (no pun in ten did). :smile:

Maz

Guru
Aperitif said:
Did you buy one of those Ramadan Advent Calendars Maz - with the chocolate treats within? I got one for my sister to take back to Morocco...
Yes. I got one from Asda. A 'Countdown Calendar', or so it's called.
Can't see any picture of Carol Vorderman on it anywhere, though!

Why do it?
Who says you should not eat and what reason can there be for it? Is some god out there really going to be unhappy with you for eating???

(sorry if there is any insult or you are offended by this but I really cannot understand religion)

Top Bottom