Tomorrows storm upgraded to Red alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wonder what wind speed would be needed to blow my 'beer bottle' bin over? 🤔 I'll try to wheel it onto the pavement later, for its every 3 weeks emptying in the morning. It must weigh about 100 kilos.:unsure:

1645485609488.png

1645485629812.png

icowden

Veteran
Didn't see much of the wind myself. Started in the Cairngorms on Friday, with snow coming down thick and fast. Drove the hire car to Aberdeen (took most of the day with sledging, lunch and highland wool purchasing stops) - one of the scariest drives I have ever had (snow to the left of me, snow to the right, here I am stuck in the middle on more snow...) thanks to the hire car being on summer tires and no 4x4...:cold:

Half way to Aberdeen - flight cancelled due to Storm Arwen. Scramble to find airport hotel- have to book two rooms as kids are too old (teens) for pull outs and no family rooms. A bit later - BA books us in for a return flight on Sunday evening :banghead:. Phone call to hotel to extend stay to two nights (whoop)!. A short phone call later we manage to get the flight moved to Sunday morning at 7:15am.

So - an impromptu day sightseeing in Aberdeen (well half a day, then we'd seen it all). And the piéce de resistance - our flight was the only flight that returned to Heathrow on Sunday :sweat:. They were still cancelling flights today...

Ripple

Veteran
Came to work after 4 days off and was very pleased to see that our little booth survived the storm on Friday. Bin is also ok. 👌
But there are an extra bin, 2 fire extinguishers, a bucket and a cigarettes bin next to the booth. Nobody claimed them back yet. :scratch:

classic33

Leg End Member
Came to work after 4 days off and was very pleased to see that our little booth survived the storm on Friday. Bin is also ok. 👌
But there are an extra bin, 2 fire extinguishers, a bucket and a cigarettes bin next to the booth. Nobody claimed them back yet. :scratch:
They're yours if no-one comes to claim them within 40 days.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wonder what wind speed would be needed to blow my 'beer bottle' bin over? 🤔 I'll try to wheel it onto the pavement later, for its every 3 weeks emptying in the morning. It must weigh about 100 kilos.:unsure:

View attachment 632115
View attachment 632116
Blimey Accy, we fill one bin for a family of four adults every 4 weeks, and I like my beer and milk (drink loads of milk).

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I think you'll find it's pronounced Shrewsbury :whistle:

^_^
:stop::stop: Aaah, no, please don't start that.:stop::stop:

Top Bottom