Tomorrows storm upgraded to Red alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Wow.In the 15 years of commuting to work I've never seen floods as bad as today.A 16 mile drive to work has turned into a 40 mile trip to get in safely.
That wind also seems much stronger than on Friday to.

Alex321

Veteran
In the office today, but still too windy to risk the bike this morning.

Forecast is for it to ease during the day, so may get out for a ride after I get home this evening.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's a bit dark accy. I couldn't quite tell if you had gone and brought one of those Messerschmitt car's. Thanks for clarifying it with a description...
It's still there Dave. Though it looks like either her below, or her 'wayward son':rolleyes: have pushed it off the path. It'll be annoying them as she'll be saying "I have to look at it all day"!:rolleyes:, but they won't put it back in its rightful place as that'll be seen by them as doing me a favour. That's why I left it there last night, instead of picking it up.;)

1645443754626.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Wheelie bins are flying about here, especially now they have been emptied. Anyone see the video of the one that was at least 50-100 feet in the air last week. :crazy:
I notice most, if not all are the brown cardboard/paper ones being reported around here. Obviously they are the lightest and easiest for the strong winds to move. Why we have individual bins for small amounts of card and paper I don't know. Maybe communal ones would be more efficient/cost effective.🤔

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Friend and I rode to Salisbury on Saturday for the Southern reunion, then home yesterday into the teeth of an increasing gale. Trees down everywhere. A few times the wind nearly stopped us in our tracks, but only one tree across the road (many on the way there, but that was off tarmac).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I notice most, if not all are the brown cardboard/paper ones being reported around here. Obviously they are the lightest and easiest for the strong winds to move. Why we have individual bins for small amounts of card and paper I don't know. Maybe communal ones would be more efficient/cost effective.🤔
Five down on my road.....:whistle:

Alex321

Veteran
I've never lived anywhere with wheelie bins for any of the recyclable waste.

We have had wheelie bins for the "general household waste", but always bags and/or boxes for the recyclable. Currently three canvas bags (blue one for plastics & metals, white for paper, orange for cardboard) and a grey box for glass, plus of course the green caddy for food waste.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've never lived anywhere with wheelie bins for any of the recyclable waste.

We have had wheelie bins for the "general household waste", but always bags and/or boxes for the recyclable. Currently three canvas bags (blue one for plastics & metals, white for paper, orange for cardboard) and a grey box for glass, plus of course the green caddy for food waste.
FOUR bins here, black for general waste, green for food and garden waste, brown bottles, cans etc and blue for paper. Storage is an issue for some of my neighbours, especially the terraced - Eight bins on their shared drive...

Chislenko

Veteran
FOUR bins here, black for general waste, green for food and garden waste, brown bottles, cans etc and blue for paper. Storage is an issue for some of my neighbours, especially the terraced - Eight bins on their shared drive...

As Chester council are charging for the green bin from this year (I feel sure they will also put the rates up by the maximum allowed as well) we are doing away with it. For what green waste we make I have built a compost bin and will use that in future.

See how many years it takes them to come and collect the unwanted green bins!!

Mike_P

Guru
Charged for green bins for a while here, they do not collect those not being paid to be collected from. Paper and cardboard goes in plastic bags while cans and bottles in small black boxes both if which go walkies quickly at the slightest gust of wind.

Top Bottom