Tomorrows storm upgraded to Red alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
1. Yellow warnings for wind are enough to be named storms. Which is all most of them have been, and the country copes with yellow level just fine. Eunice was two levels higher as a red warning. I can't remember the last red warning we had round here. Arwen was Amber I believe, and was more problematic than the yellows, but still didn't cause quite as much immediate disruption.

2. The naming period runs September - August, not January - December, and sometimes what most of us would consider a single storm get two names.
Arwen was a red warning round these parts. Only three months previous.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tree down this afternoon locally on the main road and a fair bit of flooding. Just drove through an exhaust deep flood, but then the heavy rain came, so detoured on the way back to avoid it.

gbb

Legendary Member
We have generally escaped the worst here, but windy but no big deal but we litterally jusst had a sudden squally wind and rain shower, blowing rain almost sideways, fairly rattling a fence panel, ironically the one thats been blown down twice in the past. But its survived.

One bonus of the rain over the last few days, took Digby the dog for a walk, he found a huge puddle in a field and went ballistic, charging in and out, splashing amd almost wallowing in it, showing his true labrador traits ^_^ i struggled to get him away from it. :laugh:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
1E5285D0-BE58-49E8-ABAA-8B35821CFFC0.jpeg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Brutal, yet there was racing today in Wakefield and I ended up doing the E123 in heavy rain and strong winds (son no. 2 plus me on his Cervelo):

Wakefield_E123a.jpg

gavgav

Guru
Wind and rain both worse in Shropshire today, than they were on Friday from Eunice. Tree down just round the corner from where I live, River Severn expected to go higher than it’s ever been since records began and the local brook has cut the estate off from Reabrook. Not good times

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Main road in and out of Glossop closed due to flooding and some residents evacuated.

It'll be chaos if the closure is still in place tomorrow as the alternative route out is via a narrow bridge with traffic lights

Glossop does have a history of occasional flooding as it's effectively the handle of a big pan of hills surrounding it so any water that lands there has to pass through the town

Top Bottom