Storm Isha

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Dustbins in garage, garden chair in storage bunker with the lid cable tied shut. Camping gas stove and a couple of Butane cannisters ready in case of power cuts and all torches and mobiles fully charged.

And fingers crossed, storms scare the life out of me.

presta

Guru
The Met Office have it as fairly moderate here in Braintree: 28mph, gusting 53. We've still not seen anything to beat October 1987.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just moved my next to a high building parked car back into the disabled bay, away from such buildings though there is a medium size tree nearby. I always fear slates and or stones falling off buildings in very strong winds, either onto my car or worse on me as I get in or out of it! :unsure:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Not been out cycling today due to the winds

Big John

Guru
Stafford not too bad. Went out around 10am for three hours and I seemed to pick the right route. The wind seemed either across me or behind. Struggled in a few places but not too bad. The crap is forecast for later here. Very mild though! As I type this it's just started to honk it down ☹️

Brandane

Legendary Member
And fingers crossed, storms scare the life out of me.

Same here, having in the past lost a section of zinc flashing from my roof, followed by torrential rain with the inevitable result.
Wind from the south gusting about 40+ mph just now (according to windy.com), and that is bad enough! South winds are least bad for me, due to the lay of the land. But dreading the swing to westerly about 3am, with the wind speed forecast to be gusting at 60/70 mph.. :ohmy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom