Storm Isha

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
50mph winds for the next 24hrs here in Yorkshire!

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Went out for a walk with the dog at about 19:15, and honestly didn't think it was that bad. Thought its just the usual media over-reaction, as they do to most things. After been back from the dog walk for about 1/4 of an hour, heard a really loud bang in the back garden, the wind had blown my 6 x 4 plastic shed right over and a bit off where it was situated, it's got quite a lot of fairly heavy cr@p in it too. Hopefully it won't move so much now its on its side and sheltered by the fences. The wind has definitely picked up from when was out with the dog though, in a short space of time.

Shed.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Here we go.... power gone on and off twice here in last few mins.....
We don't get many power cuts here, fortunately.
The wind is still very strong as I type, I wonder what has blown away in my street!
@cyberknight I don't think you should attempt to cycle tomorrow early, the Met Office has still an amber alert for wind in place for tomorrow.

Ripple

Veteran
Well, as expected all 3 usual leaks at work.

20240121_231036.jpg

20240121_231015.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not much, if anything to report from here. I went outside at 10 pm to put some recycling stuff out and got a bit wet and I watched a car drive through a pool of water sending a wave onto the pavement, but that's about it.:tired:

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Found myself manhandling a fallen tree earlier in the evening. It was blocking my way home after dropping the in-law off.
Far too heavy to shift by myself, and the only other driver present wasn't going to lend a hand.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My conservatory has been falling down for the best part of 20 years but it’s still there after each storm. A couple of years ago next door’s 6 foot wall actually blew down but the conservatory is still there. Part of me thinks that there are so many gaps in it that the wind passes through it

One of the best pieces of advice in a hurricane is to ensure all your windows are slightly open.
This allows the pressure on both sides of the glass to be equalised and stops windows being sucked out.
Maybe your conservatory is doing the same thing.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not been out cycling today due to the winds

I went out early ie 6am Yesterday as my phone said 18 mph with gusts up to 33 mph it was ok .
My self imposed limits are early 20's for wind speed and gusts of over 35 mph . It's not worth the risk.
Been stormy here with rain lashing against the windows and listening to the wind

dicko

Guru
I awoke at 4am for a toilet break and could hear the cargo ‘planes going in and out of East Midlands AirPort Hub and that was that. They fly over our house after take off its rather reassuring really.

si_c

Guru
Made the mistake last night of taking the bin out for collection last night, left the gate open as I took it out to the front, sadly the wind caught it and ripped the gate, complete with hinges, off the gatepost. About 2 inches off the side of the gatepost ripped off. Hinges still intact however, so just need a new gatepost.

Also lost a fence panel overnight, it had been starting to rot when we moved in as a result of neglect, so I'd done my best with staining it and hoping it would last, not to be however, as it is now in several pieces on the neighbours drive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom