Storm Isha

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Dry, but heavy winds here yesterday, especially after it went dark. I took my mutt for a walk about 18.30 and nearly got blown over from behind. There were 2 fallen from the wall, house for sale signs ( just glad they didn't fall on me and my mutt :okay:! ) on the pavement, but nothing else to report.

You been reading the Daily Express Accy? What are these "heavy winds" of which you speak?
Rain is HEAVY; winds are STRONG!
Same goes for numbers (contestants on Pop-Master please note). It's the high or low 20's; not early or late 20's. Unless you are talking about a time frame obviously. e.g. 1929 was in the late 20's; 1922 was in the early 20's... When playing Pop Master you hope for a score in the high 20's, or low 20's!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Chill @Brandane :tongue:
Storm Joselyne has unleashed outside my window.
I'm taking the bus tomorrow ... if it comes lol ... will have to get up at 5am :cry:
Scotrail has stopped all trains from 7pm, a few minutes ago.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
The wind outside is roaring through the trees.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't know which is worse. Battling the 'storms', or hearing the ridiculous names they give them! It's only in the last 4 or 5 years we've had to endure silly names for what was once of a day, just typical winter weather. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't know which is worse. Battling the 'storms', or hearing the ridiculous names they give them! It's only in the last 4 or 5 years we've had to endure silly names for what was once of a day, just typical winter weather. :rolleyes:
The names are only "stupid" if you don't realise that they are actual names used for people.
And they first named them, for the UK & Ireland, in 2015*.

*From the BBC link given earlier on why there are so many storms.

Top Bottom