Storm Isha

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Almost missed the bin collection - left the bins at the side of the house due to wind. Bin men arrived early. - quick sprint downstairs and out the door as the truck turned up.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My garden bench blew over, but i'm expecting an international aid package soon.

AndyRM

XOXO
This talk of bin collections is making me jealous. There have been various strikes and protests by the collectors since November, and I can't say I blame them given what's been going on. But it does mean that there's a lot of rubbish floating around the place, which is a bit grim.

gbb

Legendary Member
Very poor nights sleep last night, high winds always do it to me. I got maybe 1.5 hours sleep, well more napping between being wide awake.

Every little bang, noise, howl of the wind just goes right through me.

Lots of people at work today seem to have suffered similarly.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Goodbye Isha, although winds here are still gusting about 40/50 mph with hail showers.
A brief period of respite until tomorrow night when storm Jocelyn comes calling, with winds forecast to be gusting at 60/70 mph depending on which forecast you read. Much the same as Isha, but not as long lasting or as widespread.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A brief period of respite until tomorrow night when storm Jocelyn comes calling, with winds forecast to be gusting at 60/70 mph depending on which forecast you read. Much the same as Isha, but not as long lasting or as widespread.
I'm planning to cycle into work tomorrow (Tuesday) early morning.
Jocelyn is due to start in the afternoon, hopefully I'll be home by then.
Or I could leave the bike at work tomorrow, get the bus home and on Wednesday morning get the bus into work.
What a faff when I can't cycle, going places takes ages.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm planning to cycle into work tomorrow (Tuesday) early morning.
Jocelyn is due to start in the afternoon, hopefully I'll be home by then.
Or I could leave the bike at work tomorrow, get the bus home and on Wednesday morning get the bus into work.
What a faff when I can't cycle, going places takes ages.
Assuming the buses are in service.

I landed at Manchester, on a flight from Stockholm, yesterday at 17:27. It wasn’t the prettiest of landings by any stretch of the imagination but we got down safely and first time. Left hand side gear was touched down for several seconds before the right hand gear also hit the ground. We saw a few planes come in as we were getting to the car at JetParks 3 and they were all over the place. I can understand why 14 flights were cancelled and other diverted.

The drive back up north today was also impacted by the weather. Diversions due to the M6 being closed due to ‘several overturned vehicles’ and traffic slowed right down further up on the A74(M) due to an almighty hail storm.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Very poor nights sleep last night, high winds always do it to me. I got maybe 1.5 hours sleep, well more napping between being wide awake.

Every little bang, noise, howl of the wind just goes right through me.

Lots of people at work today seem to have suffered similarly.
You need some of these.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/306940185
I keep some near me in bed, just in case sudden noise starts. Knowing they're there just in case helps you relax more. Though hearing your alarm to get up for work might be a problem if you need to use them. :unsure:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Dry, but heavy winds here yesterday, especially after it went dark. I took my mutt for a walk about 18.30 and nearly got blown over from behind. There were 2 fallen from the wall, house for sale signs ( just glad they didn't fall on me and my mutt :okay:! ) on the pavement, but nothing else to report.

Last edited:
Top Bottom