Range not as good as friend's on similar Bosch motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Doesn't matter what type of bike, applies any time one is riding behind the other.
Just can't see it making any significant difference at the slow speeds the MTB's normally go,

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Just can't see it making any significant difference at the slow speeds the MTB's normally go,

They are e bikes, what speed were you averaging 5mph?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Your 3 miles of headwind versus his 3 miles of downhill coasting could be significant, as could different battery capacities. Tyres and pressures too.
Lots of variables!
Not scientific research but on yesterday's ride which was essentially an out and back 22 miles, 11 miles against a very strong wind and 11 miles with, the increased power consumption against the wind was very noticeable, and way above my average. Also on the fast ride back with the wind, speed was above the cut-off for long periods of time, so no power was being used, whereas on the outward leg power was being applied at some level more or less continuously.

D

Deleted member 26715

They are e bikes, what speed were you averaging 5mph?
If you had bothered to read rather than jumping in with both feet you would have known I wasn't riding, but hey why worry about facts getting in the way. But for information my average ride speed is between 9 & 10 mph, hence why I doubt that drafting will have much effect at that speed.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If you had bothered to read rather than jumping in with both feet you would have known I wasn't riding, but hey why worry about facts getting in the way. But for information my average ride speed is between 9 & 10 mph, hence why I doubt that drafting will have much effect at that speed.

Of course it will about 45% of the power you put in at that speed is overcoming air resistance.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not that I want to be pedantic! but, 500w! On the road? naughty^_^^_^
500wh is refeering to the battery....motor is 250w

JhnBssll

Veteran
Little known fact - some of the first Bosch eBike motor prototypes were actually modified Bosch Rotak LI lawnmower motors :okay:

Ok, I didn't say it was an interesting fact... :laugh:

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom