Rant!! How I wish I'd spent more on my bike!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bad luck that one, a lot may depend on your bike shop and there relationship with the dawes supplier but heres what the website says:

Aluminium frame and rigid forks – 1 year from date of purchase.

Steel frames and rigid forks – 3 year from date of purchase.

Suspension forks, rear suspension units and other components – up to 1 year from date of purchase.

Parts subject to wear and tear are not taken into account within the warranty terms.

Parts subject to normal wear and tear include;

Chain, sprockets chainrings and pulleys, brake and gear cables, brakepads, rims and tyres. These items are subject to various wear conditions during usage and cannot therefore be correctly judged within the warranty guide.

This warranty is limited to the original owner/purchaser and is not transferable. Proof of original ownership will be required (valid receipt) to process a warranty request. This warranty covers normal usage only and does not include coverage for damage due to alteration, abuse, accident, neglect, improper re-assembly, normal wear, fitting of non specified components/ equipment or commercial usage.

The Dawes bicycles guarantee against failure due to normal usage does not include; stunt riding, jumps, wheelies, free riding or racing and general misuse.

Labour and transportation costs are not included within the guarantee terms.

Dawes cycles reserves the right to replace, repair or substitute valid warranty items as appropriate, at the company’s discretion.

All warranty requests should be made via the original Dawes retailer, and if this is not possible please contact Dawes cycles for an alternative local retail contact on 0121 748 8050.

Please note this warranty information as of 30th May 2006 replaces and superceeds all previous Dawes warranties.

Zoiders

Not wishing to sound harsh, if you have to take your bike to the LBS for minor mechanical work when something goes wrong then perhaps its time to learn some bike mechanics, gears will indeed go out of adjustment, it doesnt matter how much you spend, cables will always stretch

If you arent keen on getting your hands dirty then maybe you should change the style of bike, I am thinking hub gears, self contained

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Kirstie said:
As someone else has said, if they try to wriggle out of it on the warranty then throw the book at them in respect of sale of goods act 1971 'fitness for purpose'. Maybe make use of a free first consultation with a solicitor, or citizens advice...

And, of course, Trading Standards.

Top Bottom