Rant time !! pressure washers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
:sun::angry::sad:
What is it with people ? FFS, Jesus H Christ :smile::angry:

At work, cleaning a very very cruddy conveyor belt, so you have to attack it with a plan and some common sense.
Give it a quick wash to hopefully loosen some of the grime, then soak with industrial detergent for maybe 1/2 hour, let that work its way in.
Then pressure wash the worst away, soak with detergent again and repeat.

No no...thats just too much for some (most) workers. Instantly start pressure washing it to kingdom come...with NO chance of it working. They'd stand there all day doing it and getting nowhere.

So i soak it with detergent and say 'leave it for a while, let it soak in'

Less than 2 minutes later, he's got the pressure washer on it, blasting away the detergent that has'nt had a chance to work in yet.

'Give it a while'...'yeah'ok'...2 minutes later....he's at it again, pressure washing like his life depends on it :sad: Every time i turn my freekin back !!!!!

He's still at it now, 2 minutes after i told him its clean enough.
There's something about them...i watched a guy washing some equipment laid against a wall, so vigorously and for so long, he'd started washing the mortar out of the bricks. FFS !!!!

It's nice and easy you see, its kinda exciting (thats all i can presume) and its better than standing there and just waiting for the detergent to do its stuff, or better than using a bit of elbow grease and working....

Its amazing to see how many guys behave like this....i'm nothing special, but a bit of common sense please...please. Someone save me from these fcukwits. :wacko:

dodgy

Pressure washers are useless for most of the tasks people (ab)use them for. Take for example washing a car, a soapy sponge beats them everytime and yet you still see people lining up to use the local garage pressure washer. When someone's spent about 15 minutes pressure washing their paintwork, walk up and slide your finger on the body somewhere, guaranteed you'll have a grimey finger :sun:

Sambu

i know what you mean. brewery where i used to work we had to clean the labels of returned casks. my method was to go round each one and splosh a bit of detergenty water all over the label, doing about 20 at a time, leave it a couple of minutes then go round again with a scrubber and they'd come off super easy. the other guy used to scrub away at each one for about 5 minutes without pre wetting them, so he turned a potential 30 minute job into a 2hour one. Fool

dodgy

Reminds me of when I used to ride a motorbike, I would drape a wet J cloth over my visor to soften up the flies on it after a ride, they'd just wipe off with a cloth.

twowheelsgood

Actually you should always pressure wash first. Loose dust and dirt are abrasive when you then handwash.

Either way is better than an automatic washer, those thing wreck paintwork.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
:biggrin::biggrin: I got to laugh or i'll cry...
Its a big clean up time, so they're going mental now, pressure washing everything.
The same guy doing it now...is the same guy who i told 6 months ago NOT to get water on the electronics etc of the machine he was doing....instructed him letter by letter (he's a line leader, so not thick...apparently :biggrin:)
When he turned it back on, it blew
box of electronics...cost...£800
Heaters...cost...£230
Transformer...cost...£120

He's now washing everything in sight, electrical boxes, bearings on conveyor rollers...everything.

Better get my toolbox ready.
I know what you're thinking...'just tell him'...i have so many times i can't remember...it wont make a hapeth of difference. He even got a rollicking last time....and he'll do the same again. Let him dig his own grave :blush:

Thick f%&cer

gbb said:
The same guy doing it now...is the same guy who i told 6 months ago NOT to get water on the electronics etc of the machine he was doing....instructed him letter by letter (he's a line leader, so not thick...apparently :biggrin:)
When he turned it back on, it blew
box of electronics...cost...£800
Heaters...cost...£230
Transformer...cost...£120

He's now washing everything in sight, electrical boxes, bearings on conveyor rollers...everything.

I know what you're thinking...'just tell him'...i have so many times i can't remember...it wont make a hapeth of difference. He even got a rollicking last time....and he'll do the same again. Let him dig his own grave :blush:

Thick f%&cer

Just sack the c*nt :biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Dayvo said:
Just sack the c*nt :biggrin:

3 written warnings first - then no redundancy to pay :blush:

It's a toy tho' isn't it. Great fun squirting everything in sight. But not always the correct tool for the job.

Now should I get a pressure washer to clean up my paviers on the drive?

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's human nature to enjoy doing things that have the maximum effect for the minimum effort.

Stephenite

Membå
We found an old batch of them at work, and sold them off to employees for about 50% cost price. They were snapped up.

One lad asked if i was getting one, "you can use it on your bike!" - No need, i said, i'll just borrow yours :blush:

Top Bottom