Rapha Core or DHB Aeron bib shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Have a look at Lusso's Active Aero shorts, they won a best shorts review last year and are justifiably popular. On special offer right now and made in Manchester too.

https://www.lusso.bike/collections/.../active-aero-bibshorts?variant=27965113303142

jay clock

Massive member
Regardless of make, I never use bib now as it's a real pain if you get caught short in the middle of nowhere and have to virtually strip off to do the necessary. On a cold & windy day, even less practical. :whistle:

Truer for women but the Assos ones are low cut in the front for full access to point Henry at the hedgerow in great comfort

I'm a total Rapha fanboy but the core shorts are not worth it, I bought a pair and whilst the material and fit is up to their standard the leg are too baggy and I dont have skinny legs, the pad is excellent and otherwise very good, what did come as a surprise was the rear has worn see-through thin in very little time or use. Now retired to indoor turbo use only.

If you're near a Rapha outlet store there's always great bargains to be had not just on the core range.

Mark pallister

I'm a total Rapha fanboy but the core shorts are not worth it, I bought a pair and whilst the material and fit is up to their standard the leg are too baggy and I dont have skinny legs, the pad is excellent and otherwise very good, what did come as a surprise was the rear has worn see-through thin in very little time or use. Now retired to indoor turbo use only.

If you're near a Rapha outlet store there's always great bargains to be had not just on the core range.
I think you’ve got a bad pair there , no baggy legs on mine and while there not my favourites I have to say there very hard wearing
I’d email Raphael with your concerns,there very good

simongt

Guru
What you need firstly is a saddle that suits your bum and no shorts pad will make a bad saddle better. Once you've found that you need a dense and reasonably thin foam. The disadvantage of thick pads is that they make you sweat, which allows bacterial growth and makes your skin moist and soft. A thinner denser pad will not crease or ruck up and will allow heat and moisture to escape. It will cushion your sit bones while not transferring load to soft tissue. Dhb buy a pad that's pretty good but I suspect other more expensive brands buy denser pads from the pad manufacturers.
Or an even easier answer - just buy a Brooks leather saddle; no padding needed - ! :biggrin:

Top Bottom