Rapha Rising; Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mapster1989

So who's currently doing the Rapha Rising challenge on Strava?

I'm hoping for this to be the first challenge that I can actually complete. Living in Sheffield I have excellent hills on my doorstop. Makes the distance challenges difficult but climbing metres should be pretty easy.

I've just passed the half-way mark after three rides. How are you getting on?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Not doing it, but glad to see that they finally did something other than distance and hour logging challenges for their users!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I was going to do it, but being away for the whole of last weekend without a bike mean't any chance of doing that much climbing was not going to happen.

VamP

Banned
I did 8 hill reps yesterday on the biggest hill in the area. And got 1200 ft for my troubles. I don't think this one is for me :smile:

MichaelO

Veteran
How come "Rob /" is the leader with 33,815.6 metres of climbing when it says that he has only ridden 142.2 km (88.4 miles) in the last week! :laugh:
I think you mean feet? And it's genuine - he did a similar thing last year (I think also during the Rapha Rising challenge). As he lives in Devon, it's quite easy to rack up those sorts of elevations. Check out the two hill rep rides he's done so far!!! :wacko:

MichaelO

Veteran
One of his Rapha rides last year.... http://app.strava.com/activities/13491877

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Shame it didn't start a two weeks ago when I was in the Alps. I racked up over 15000m climbing in one week. I'm currently only 40% through after 3 rides, but I have a full day pass from the missus on Sat, so I'm going hill hunting.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think you mean feet? And it's genuine - he did a similar thing last year (I think also during the Rapha Rising challenge). As he lives in Devon, it's quite easy to rack up those sorts of elevations. Check out the two hill rep rides he's done so far!!! :wacko:
Ah, they mix their units! Why set a challenge in metres ('meters') and then display the results in feet? :wacko:

One of his Rapha rides last year.... http://app.strava.com/activities/13491877
That's a seriously impressive total! :bravo:

Local hilly audax ride 'Seasons of Mists' has this profile:

season_of_mists_profile.gif

That is 2,500 m in 100 km (8,200 ft in 62.2 miles) so Rob's ride was about 3.5 times the climbing in 2.5 times the distance, and most people find our ride a tough enough challenge!

Top Bottom