Rapha Sizing for 44" / 95kg Rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ryan_w

Evening all!

Just a general question about Rapha jackets/jerseys and their sizing.

I'm 6ft, 95kg, 44" chest, muscular build and torn between going for an XL or XXL.

Can anyone shed any light on this subject since I don't want to be messing around returning items which are too small/big.

Many thanks in advance!

Ryan

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
As big as you can get, they tend to the trend svelte figure but aren't as bad as some mainly coz they like the money fat gits have(that's me not you by the way)

OP
OP
ryan_w

ryan_w

Haha... We have a few 5'8" / 130kg riders on their S-Works round here in Fulham... Does make me chuckle at times.

I'm leaning towards XXL but don't want it to look like I'm wearing a bin bag.

Raphas website states I should be an XL (42-45"), but as with quite a lot of road gear, they do sometimes come up small.

vickster

Legendary Member
Haha... We have a few 5'8" / 130kg riders on their S-Works round here in Fulham... Does make me chuckle at times.

Raphas website states I should be an XL (42-45"), but as with quite a lot of road gear, they do sometimes come up small.
Why not go to a shop and try on? Plenty in and around London - Sigma, Condor, Rapha shop :smile:

OP
OP
ryan_w

ryan_w

I'll try and get down this weekend, however, the items I'm watching on eBay finish before then...

Think I'll just bite the bullet and buy the XL.
I can always sell it on if too small.

Cheers,

Ryan

Rustybucket

Veteran
Go up a size - according to the website I should be a small - and lets just say the fit was extremely tight!
I now wear size Medium

screenman

Legendary Member

Why would that make you chuckle?

OP
OP
ryan_w

ryan_w

All the gear, no idea. Simples.

These bikes spend most of their time propped up outside bars and coffee shops whilst the owners sit their talking about how their shares have increased.

Stereotype, yes, but I live here and see it almost daily.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Evening all!

Just a general question about Rapha jackets/jerseys and their sizing.

I'm 6ft, 95kg, 44" chest, muscular build and torn between going for an XL or XXL.

Can anyone shed any light on this subject since I don't want to be messing around returning items which are too small/big.

Many thanks in advance!

Ryan
Forget Rapha, they don't want your type ....
This lot however:
http://fatladattheback.com/

OP
OP
ryan_w

ryan_w

Haha, FLAtB is a cracking company. Friend at work (22 stone) has just bought some of their kit, very well made!

Great to see a company catering for all shapes and sizes!

jayonabike