Rasmussen out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
In this morning's paper, Ras says Rabobank the bike team knew all about his whereabouts. He even met Dutch officials in Italy at the beginning of June and Rabobank booked him a plane ticket from Italy to France later in the month. He lied to the public and the UCI for "family reasons". Rabobank the bank has held an investigation into the affair and will publish its report in four days time.

Tetedelacourse

I'd guess they were amassing a watertight case against him and didn't come clean earlier because of this. Given that they knew and we now know that his reaction to these "allegations" would be flat-out denial, protests, riding cheaply round in B-races in yellow etc. The bank were right to be prudent.

He reportedly tested non-negative for a banned substance in the tour but tests could not legally be termed positive.

There had to be something more going on.
Rabo wouldn't have dropped him in that way when he was leading the Tour, simply because he'd not been honest about where he was.
I reckon he was tested, failed it, and some deal was done that Rabo would pull him using the training location as pretext and then the test result could be hidden. Less embarrassment all round, for him, Rabo and the Tour.

Presumably an in-team test rather than UCI / ASO one as they hopefully wouldn't be complicit in this.

But the little sh*te then did his performances like appearing in that yellow strip at that crit and saying how he'd been wronged.
Seems not, and now other murky details are coming out.

romeo

it was for Dynepo , a new variant of epo which hasnt made it onto the WADA lists yet.

Notice how the Rabo DS Theo de Rooij resinged straight after? And how riders like Bogerd seemed to be directing their anger towards their team rather than just The Chicken?

I think the team managers were complicit in this and that it wasnt just Rasmussen on the Rabobanks who was doping.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I think you're right Keith.

In fact, there's quite a bit of interest on that Cycling News page, including d'Honts comment about his up coming account of his work at Telecom; "It is unbelievable, how Ullrich is reacting. Why doesn't he confess like all the other Telecom riders?"

(Good to see you back Keith. Been anywhere nice?)

mondobongo

Über Member
There is quite a lengthy piece about dHont in the first edition of cycling news relating to the taped phone calls given to a German magazine. If Ulrich confesses I think it will be the last straw for T-Mobile and they will be off immediately. Adidas have gone at end of 2008 and are negotiating to get out immediately.

Starts about a third of the way down the page 'Damming Phone Transcripts'

Top Bottom