Rate my spider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Came in to work this morning and was greeted by this stunner in one of the display baths;

20180821_083222.jpg

The carcass at the bottom is obviously it's dinner from last night, the rest of the legs strewn liberally around the bath. The 10p has not been put there for scale it was all I had available in my pockets when my new boss demanded money from me.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Nice!
If you wish to not have spiders in the bath, hang a piece of string from the lip (of the bath, not yourself or the spider) so it has a method of escape.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Nice!
If you wish to not have spiders in the bath, hang a piece of string from the lip (of the bath, not yourself or the spider) so it has a method of escape.
It's in the shop which is basically a big old shed and is absolutely full of the blighters at this time of year, it's a daily battle, but this is the biggest I've seen for a looooong time. It's going to need a mooring line, never mind a piece of string.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Ok, as the boss, a grown up (and the only person that works here) it fell to me to oust my new buddy. Before I did I popped a ruler next to it, well as close as I dared, it was around 9cms from fingertip to fingertip. It's gone to a better place now, where it will have lots of other spiders to run around with and tear limb from limb, I popped it under the door of my neighbours garage :okay:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I removed the same spider 3 times from my gaff once, chucked it out the window and it kept coming back, 3rd time I took it and lobbed it on the road and it tottled off in the opposite direction. It may have been a ruse and as soon as my back was turned it came back but I've not seen it since.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I removed the same spider 3 times from my gaff once, chucked it out the window and it kept coming back, 3rd time I took it and lobbed it on the road and it tottled off in the opposite direction. It may have been a ruse and as soon as my back was turned it came back but I've not seen it since.
OK, I have to ask how you knew it was the same one, birth marks, tattoos, particularly distinguished moustache?

Julia9054

Guru
House spiders come inside in early autumn looking for luuurve!
The big ones you see are males searching for females to mate with. They are early this year due to an early summer and loads of flying insects which means they are nicely fattened up and a wet August which has tricked them into thinking autumn is coming

gbb

Legendary Member
I used to be scared of spiders, my wife would love to come running at me with one in her hand, I'd run away like a little girl :laugh:.
Over the years I thought this is silly...so I summoned up the strength to actually cup one in my hand....ooh I thought, this isn't bad...until it moved and I reverted back to little girly.
But I persevered and took to picking up fat bodied but short legged garden spiders, they don't move fast and found it easy. I progressed onto full blown house spiders....and now they're easy too.

Saving them doesn't always work. I found one in my bath, cupped him in my hands, took him to the window, threw him out and he fell slowly to the path below....and in that instant a sparrow flew down and ate him :blush:. Oh....:sad:

Top Bottom