rats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
We have had a rat problem at work, pest control visited more often and our production manager put down some traps, under control now but we still have some due to the messy yard next door. More traps went down this evening with nutella as bait. At the very beginning I said chocolate was the best and I was proved right as they went for the chocolate baited traps.

I used to keep pet rats and loved them to bits but I do understand the damage and diseases from wild rats. Yes they are vermin but as I have pointed out, humans are messy and drop food, rats eat it and help to keep our streets clean, also more people die every year from diseases caught from other humans than from rats but no one else shares my view, they are vermin to be destroyed and that is that.

We have a unit that used to belong to a lorry firm and they'd installed a pit for working under lorries. When we first took the unit over, before we started moved stuff in, the occasion rat would end up in the pit, a while after they croaked they would end up pancake flat, like tiny animal skins that people could use for wall hangings or rugs, maybe.
You spotted your very own Seurat. Nice hybrid image too - a rat that croaks.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
That's very thoughtful, especially if the bait is chocolate.
Or that sliced cheese, or that Velveeta plascticky stuff. Otherwise the crafty rodents will just eat the bait right off the trap. We had field mice and regular mice at one time in our old house. I showed Mrs. GA how the mice were eating the bait off the traps, and the dental floss method. That night, about 3 in the morning,
Mrs GA said;"I heard a snapping noise in the basement."
I said"Bwahahahaha."

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
Wasn't me @Hyslop I avoid botchergate and London road as much as possible and use the back roads between crown street and st Nicholas gate. I'm easy to spot as I don't move very fast ;-)

RWright

Guru
When I was about 12 years old my neighbors across the street who I was like the adopted latchkey kid of, all of a sudden started seeing rats behind their house. One of the kids had wanted rabbits so they had put a rabbit cage outside for her and I think the spilled rabbit food was attracting some rats from the creek behind their house. Their mother was not impressed at all. Unfortunately for the rats, me and a couple of my friends, a couple of them kids that lived at the house, had just recently convinced our parents to buy us scopes for our .22 rifles. The rats never had a chance.

Top Bottom