Ravemen CR700 front light and TR30 M rear light set - charging query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Hi,

I have just brought a Ravemen CR700 front light and TR30 M rear light set. The manual states that when charging there will be a flashing red indicator and when the rear light charges there will be a flashing blue indicator. However, I am not seeing any of these when charging either light (via the provided USB cable linked to my laptop). I assumed that the lights must be fully charged so I left them on for a while to run down the battery. I've tried charging them again but the indicators are still not flashing, the battery can't be full anymore so I'm thinking either the lights are not charging or the indicators are not working. Anyone had any such issues? Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
HAve you tried charging them from a different device? Laptops are not always suitable as they have a limited current supply. Try a wall plug USB charger

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
It's a micro USB charging port & requires a 2.4A wall charger.
Ah, that'll explain why a laptop USB wouldn't do it, probably the OP will find his phone charger isn't powerful enough either. The 2-2.4A chargers are the type now being required for new high power or fast charging devices like iPads and Firesticks. Standard mobile phone USB chargers are only 1A nominal.

si_c

Guru
It should still charge at a lower output, besides 2.4A has been the standard for a number of years now, my 2012 laptop outputs at that level.

My suggestion if the charge lights are not showing is that the light is faulty and if new, should be returned.

Top Bottom