Raynauds' Chilblains on toes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
This began last winter and has returned this year. Affects my toes although I've had Raynaud's as long as I can remember, but not as badly as some; I'm now on the wrong side of 69, but until last year has only been an issue with my hands losing feeling during cold weather ( see many related posts ref. suitable winter gloves - ! ) :laugh:
Because it causes my toes to feel very tender, even walking can sometimes be very uncomfortable. However, among many suggested remedies on t'net, one is to rub in Deep Heat or Vick's Vapour Rub. Obviously, ensure to wear warm socks and good footwear that doesn't restrict your toes, but the Deep Heat appears to be helping somewhat and also, by massaging it in, helps the circulation.
Anyone else have this issue - ?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
My Raynaud's doesn't affect my feet but I've found that wrist warmers have made a huge difference to my hands. Clearly keeping the pulse point warm is helping the circulation. I wonder if there's a similar pulse point in the ankle that would benefit from ankle warmers.

I can imagine how painful it must be having suffered painful fingers so often.

alicat

Legendary Member
I occasionally use a cream called Akilwinter made by Asepta. I'm not sure how effective it is - I'm a 'tough it out' kind of person most of the time.

Milzy

Guru
This began last winter and has returned this year. Affects my toes although I've had Raynaud's as long as I can remember, but not as badly as some; I'm now on the wrong side of 69, but until last year has only been an issue with my hands losing feeling during cold weather ( see many related posts ref. suitable winter gloves - ! ) :laugh:
Because it causes my toes to feel very tender, even walking can sometimes be very uncomfortable. However, among many suggested remedies on t'net, one is to rub in Deep Heat or Vick's Vapour Rub. Obviously, ensure to wear warm socks and good footwear that doesn't restrict your toes, but the Deep Heat appears to be helping somewhat and also, by massaging it in, helps the circulation.
Anyone else have this issue - ?

Yeah I did a post about this yesterday. I thought it was an infection at first. I’m wearing extra socks at work next week. Hopefully work.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's bloody hard to manage if you've got Raynauds, especially with outdoor folk and cold. It's in MrsF's family. Golves/shoes etc must be a nightmare if you are on a bike with all the air cooling adding to the problem. Make sure you keep circulation going and nothing to tight !

I'm the opposite, seem to have warm feet and hands, although Winter Cycling Boots are bloody ace !

tom73

Guru
It's no fun for sure my hands are worse than my feet painfully so. Out and about walking i find helps keep the worse of my feet.
It's in bed and sat around at home when they really start once they get cold before bed i've had it. I find when they start to get cold waring a second pair of warm socks keeps the worst off. You can get heated socks not tried them though my heated gloves are a god send without them the pain is too much.

Top Bottom