Re-designing the bike lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Done

OP
OP
B

ben hurley

Do you find storing your bike lock while travelling an issue, if so why?

t.gif
Size

t.gif
Shape

t.gif
Weight

makes sense to me....?

Attachments

• t.gif
    t.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 60
  • t.gif
    t.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 61

redcard

Veteran
Do you find storing your bike lock while travelling an issue, if so why?

t.gif
Size

t.gif
Shape

t.gif
Weight

makes sense to me....?

What if I don't find it an issue?

Attachments

• t.gif
    t.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 57
  • t.gif
    t.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 59

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Done

Please design a very very very lightweight cable lock for touring cyclists. It has to have a long enough cable to wrap around both wheels, frame, saddle, and pannier bags front and rear. It should be on a spring loaded spindle or similar but in a small enough, preferably a bicycle pump shaped tube (to fit onto frame) and the cable should be able to resist hand held wirecutters as a minimum.

I accept it wont stop a determined theif with heavy duty cutters, but Ijus tneed it to deter opportunists really. The weight and size are critical as is a non flimsey crappy plastic casing.
Also please stick 40,000 volts through it and stick a warning of imminent death sticker on it.
Thanks.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Done, some q's a bit prescriptive and many ppl have different types of bikes with different carrying issues. A utility bike with a rack and panniers doesn't need the same solution as a road bike winter hack etc.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
yep...good point...he needs to design a range of locks for different riders/bikes.

I always had a crazy idea to have a special superglue that has a simple chemical release....so I glue th ebike to the ground and then drop a few drops of the magic potion on the glue to get me out of my own sticky mess;):stop::rolleyes:

Top Bottom