Re-discovering cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gixxerman

Guru
I have recently just got back into cycling. I wanted something to do of a weekend, and to get my fitness level higher. The last time I rode a bike was over 20 years ago. I am quite fit, as I gym 4 days a week, and play football twice a week, but at 44, my love handles are bigger than I'd like, hence the reason for the bike.

So I looked around t'internet and decided on a Trek 7.3 FX. Initially the prices of bikes these days scared me to death. My last bike I bought for £60!

I planned a route back from the bike shop to home for when I picked it up. This was 22 miles. I thought that it would take forever. But I was pleasently surprised. It only took me just under 2 hours and I wasn't really that tired. My bum was sore though. These modern bikes are very good aren't they? I was amazed at how light it is compared to how I remember my old bike(s).

Since I got the bike 6 weeks ago, I can't stop riding it. The bug has really bitten. If the weather is bad and I can't get out on it, I start to get withdrawl symptoms. Is this normal??!

I have done about 400 miles or so in the six weeks since I bought it. Yesterday, I did 60 miles and my average was almost 14 mph, and that included some big hills in the Lincolnshire wolds.

Weather is nice. Hmmmm, think I might plan a route for this afternoon, a 40 miler should suffice!

Garz

Squat Member
Good gixxerman, keep getting out there! It is normal to yearn to be out there so on days where I cant get out usually due to work or weather then I too get withdrawal symptoms. (I hope this is normal). :evil:

Top Bottom