Re: the "What Have You Fettled Today?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I tried to find this thread, and after a lot of searching, I finally found it under the "Projects..." sub-forum. :wacko: This to me seems like an odd place to put it. Any chance we could have it moved to the "Bicycle Mechanics & Repairs" sub-forum? In my opinion, it makes far more sense to put it there.
If it can't be done, no big deal: it's just a very minor request.

Regards & thanks,
--- Victor.

Last edited:

Rocky

Hello decadence

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
Thanks to bringing this up to the attention of the mods team @Shut Up Legs, Victor.
We have decided to leave it where it is, reason being that the thread contains non bike related fettling.
May I bring to the attention of the membership a new forum feature?
The wee bookmark icon top right of a thread/post allows one to save threads or single posts of a thread for later viewing.
You can then easily find your bookmarks by clicking on your avatar, top right of the page again, they are next to the account menu.

IBarrett

Über Member
I’ve been preparing for some minor GRP work on the TVR
The seats are only bolted through the fibreglass floor and sit on a penny washer to spread the load. The rear/outer bolt of my seat has punched the penny washer through the floor.
The GRP isn’t very strong where the rear bolts fit, and the outside seems particularly weak.
I’ve prepped both bolt holes and cut the matt and steel mat I’m using to strengthen both bolt holes.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’ve been preparing for some minor GRP work on the TVR
The seats are only bolted through the fibreglass floor and sit on a penny washer to spread the load. The rear/outer bolt of my seat has punched the penny washer through the floor.
The GRP isn’t very strong where the rear bolts fit, and the outside seems particularly weak.
I’ve prepped both bolt holes and cut the matt and steel mat I’m using to strengthen both bolt holes.

wrong thread

I managed to build this Raleigh Record Ace frame up yesterday from spare parts and robbing some bits off my other bikes .
I took it for a test ride later and found that it rode really well apart from a slipping gear lever. It kept changing into top gear.

Attachments

• PICT0676.JPG
    PICT0676.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom