Reached my 40 target yesterday-50 now looking possible!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I enjoyed a lovely 42 mile ride through the Cheshire countryside yesterday.
Just getting back into cycling this year (having reached the ripe old age of 65) and like every newbie had to start small.........10 miles was my 1st target.
I quickly got to 27 miles.....then stalled!!! the weather didn't allow regular rides to build up so each time was like starting again.
Last week I managed a 32 so yesterday went out to do 40....and was pleased to manage it.

TBH I was 5 miles from home and feeling smug as I had something left in the tank......then a car driver waved me out of a junction-I put my foot down-chain came off and I got a bout of cramp:eek: .....was then pleased just to get home.
Thumbs up for Malt Loaf & Jelley Beans.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice one Dave Its amazing how quickly your fitness builds up if you keep at it. Cramps a real crippler,I find I only get it these days if trying to force the speed up.

Well done Dave, just keep on pedallin'.

Cramps are a nightmare, unfortunately due to Statins and cardio meds I suffer quite badly from cramps and I could feel them coming on last week doing the Cyclone 33 with my daughter on a trailabike, but thankfully they stayed off, until.... About 3 hours after e ride I went I get off the sofa and BANG! Both inner thigh muscles completely knotted and I had the worst cramps in a while.
I was like a demented sumo wrestler in the kitchen my feet as far apart as I could get hem to stretch out both muscles at the same time - agony, but really funny looking back.

Well done dave :thumbsup:

That's the thing with cycling or any sport which entails exercise,once you stop for a while and then restart you feel like your back to square one.

I've been getting my fitness up and doing longer distances on my road bike this summer but now due to circumstances I won't be getting on a bike now for at least a couple of months and when I do I'm going to have to start all over again.

Top Bottom