Reaching a certain age!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On Monday I am off to see Rick Wakeman's reworked, extended and updated version of Journey to the Centre of the Earth

I simply wish that they would stop rubbing it in that this is the 40th Anniversary of the release of the original.

I saw the first concerts and bought the album on the day of its release!

I therefore have to concede to having reached "a certain age"!

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm a couple of years into my 60's and I'm in a great place, I recon these could well turn out to be the best years of my life.

On Monday I am off to see Rick Wakeman's reworked, extended and updated version of Journey to the Centre of the Earth

Extended??!! :eek:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I for one am relieved to hear that you still like what you used to like when you were younger. For many years I have harboured the theory that as soon as you hit a certain age, you suddenly start liking Herb Alpert and his Tijuana Brass. No amount of emersing myself in my collection of 70s punk, 80s Two Tone and 90s REM stuff has been able to prevent me from nervously watching for the first signs of foot tapping when Acker Bilk's "Stranger on the Shore" comes on the radio. I guess there is still the chance that I will go to my twilight care home still delighting in the sound of The Jam and Eddy and the Hotrods after all. Come to think of it, those places will probably be full of tattooed old-timers listening to 70's Prog Rock or heavy metal in the communal sitting rooms. All the visiting kiddies will think of it all as "old people's music" in the same way as we did of our parents' Doris Day albums.

I knew I'd reached a certain age when I heard myself giving the same life advice to my two lads that my dad gave to me when I was their age.

Funny how the younger generation think they know it all when in reality there's nothing new in this world.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I for one am relieved to hear that you still like what you used to like when you were younger. For many years I have harboured the theory that as soon as you hit a certain age, you suddenly start liking Herb Alpert and his Tijuana Brass. No amount of emersing myself in my collection of 70s punk, 80s Two Tone and 90s REM stuff has been able to prevent me from nervously watching for the first signs of foot tapping when Acker Bilk's "Stranger on the Shore" comes on the radio. I guess there is still the chance that I will go to my twilight care home still delighting in the sound of The Jam and Eddy and the Hotrods after all. Come to think of it, those places will probably be full of tattooed old-timers listening to 70's Prog Rock or heavy metal in the communal sitting rooms. All the visiting kiddies will think of it all as "old people's music" in the same way as we did of our parents' Doris Day albums.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v13uDrFEniY

D

Deleted member 1258

Another young whippersnapper! I grew up in the 60's with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, and since then have expanded things to listen to, and like, music from before and after the 60's over a wide range of types, the sixties music is still my favourite though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom