England : Berkshire Reading CTC Parks & Palaces ride Saturday 10th November 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Get well soon Titus. Turned out to be a good day for a ride (though I had expressed an interest in this one, I ended up riding to Brighton and back). Hope to do one of the Reading rides sometime..

OP
OP
sbird

sbird

Über Member
Thanks for all outside and inside Reading CTC who turned up on this ride. And BTW you're all welcome on future rides.

We had 28 in all on the ride which at times, in daylight, was a bit more of a responsibility than in moonlight, but with the time-honoured Backmarker and WayMarker system (FNRttCTM TEC system) made the ride flow despite 7 or 8 punctures which our back marker Sean Hayden supervised most convincingly.

It was a longer day than I anticipated (the 7 punctures plus the distressing news about Titus for which as ride leader I'm ashamed I didn't take as much responsibility about as perhaps I should have. Get well soon AKABob! But the sun shone briefly over Richmond Park which was much appreciated and the smart dispatch to Buck House through ChrisBailey's and Mice's help was most welcome.

And of course, forthcoming rides will be posted in this forum.

Top Bottom