Ready meals for one person......any favourites?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Can recommend Wiltshire Farm Foods - nationwide company who uses fresh local ingredients to make nutritious. My bed-bound mum has them and they are great for her carers as they heat up in 6-10 mins in microwave. Home delivery. Keep in freezer. Good prices too.

Back when I ate too many ready meals I used to hack them, mostly with the application of red wine. Syringe is useful.

Can recommend Wiltshire Farm Foods - nationwide company who uses fresh local ingredients to make nutritious. My bed-bound mum has them and they are great for her carers as they heat up in 6-10 mins in microwave. Home delivery. Keep in freezer. Good prices too.
I always head for the WFF stand at disability shows we attend. The taste is nice but the texture is always soft, if that is what is needed.

1617198709746.png

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

My brother uses Wiltshire Farm Foods and reckons they are better than the meals from the supermarket.

I reckon any ready meal tastes better heated in a regular oven as opposed to the microwave, but that does take some of the convenience out of it.

Simple curries or chilli con carne work the best.

Meat chunks or fish such as prawns can become tough and rubbery in the microwave, so that's another reason to use a traditional oven.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Crumbling an Oxo cube into the beans b4 heating them up makes it even better - ! ^_^
I use a few dashes of Hendo’s in the pan when I heat up the baked beans 👍

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We recently tried Parsley Box, as an experiment on behalf of BiL who we shop for. Portion size far too small, most "meat" dishes are lacking in meat. BiL will not be using them, for now at least, will continue with M&S and ASDA.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
There can be only one
51N+mL7dNTL.jpg

How spicy is it?
The Mexicans were crying, the Bolivians were burning and the Thais were smoking
I tried a few reapers and it is not far away:okay:

stephec

Legendary Member
Get yourself a decent air fryer. 😊

Frozen chips and various chicken in breadcrumbs types meals, all in under 15 minutes.

Fish fingers and sausages go in there as well.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Get yourself a decent air fryer. 😊

Frozen chips and various chicken in breadcrumbs types meals, all in under 15 minutes.

Fish fingers and sausages go in there as well.
Got an actifry.
Does decent sausage or chicken bits BUT tends to be messy.
It uses a rotating paddle thingy.
I tried fish fingers.... it totally destroyed them :sad:.
Someone I know has a standard air fryer and swears by it.

stephec

Legendary Member
Got an actifry.
Does decent sausage or chicken bits BUT tends to be messy.
It uses a rotating paddle thingy.
I tried fish fingers.... it totally destroyed them :sad:.
Someone I know has a standard air fryer and swears by it.

That's me, I'm going to chuck some sausages and hash browns in it very shortly. 😊:hungry:

Top Bottom