Ready to go tubeless (originally meant for the mechanic section)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leisesturm

Mod Note:
@Leisesturm, welcome to CC!
I have moved your post to the member introduction section, it's more suited to it.
Yes, you can add your signature, it's in the settings menu under your avatar, top right of the page.

<cough> er, ahem <cough> New member here (very) from across the pond. The Google wormhole brought me to your fair shores. If my post sounds ... mature, it's because I am a rather prolific poster where I come from. Or so I thought. Anyway, what is relevant here is where I come from you can have signature lines that always appear when you post. Can you do that here? I only started doing it recently. Less than a month. 15 years on that forum and I only decided to put a signature line last month. Want to know what it is? Next paragraph.

"Friends don't let friends go tubeless". I kid you not. I had to get that message out. The debate takes place on my side of the Atlantic as well. People like the o.p. who are curious, are encouraged to try by those in the throes, just like here. And sometimes they will be cautioned by someone who has the wisdom born of pain, but rarely are they discouraged by one who has never inhaled. I don't need to! I have a healthy respect for that part of my brain that tells you that falling 3 stories off your roof will hurt an awful lot, even if it doesn't kill you.

Supposedly only humans have this brain structure, but my cat also seems to know that the first floor windows are fair game as exits when no one is around to open the back door. He NEVER tries it off the second floor. With all the documented MISERY (poor technique or not) experienced by those wrangling rubber under pressure but still can't get no satisfaction ... nope. Not ready for prime time. Especially someone who plans on using high pressure (~25mm) road clinchers, tubeless is just not a best practice. Don't do it!

P.S. I don't think it at all goes against propriety to bring up a negative position to someone considering something unwise because they did not frame their question as a "should I do this, or not?".

Last edited by a moderator:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
God damn Yanks! Piss off and take your tubeless opinions with you..... (Although I happen to agree and have decided tubeless is in fact 'The Emperor's new clothes' of the cycling world)!

Welcome to the forum :hello:

OP
OP
L

Leisesturm

God damn Yanks! Piss off and take your tubeless opinions with you..... (Although I happen to agree and have decided tubeless is in fact 'The Emperor's new clothes' of the cycling world)!

Welcome to the forum :hello:
I will admit that you had me going. Will it help if I mention that my DW (and full time tandem Stoker) of 12 years, is from Manchester nee Burnley?

Alex321

Veteran
Welcome to the forum.

And don't worry too much about what that one particular poster thinks. He is trying to mold the forum into what he wants by putting anybody who disagrees with him on ignore, and complaining about anybody who posts what he thinks is inappropriate material for a particular thread.

T4tomo

Guru
Mod Note:
@Leisesturm, welcome to CC!
I have moved your post to the member introduction section, it's more suited to it.
Yes, you can add your signature, it's in the settings menu under your avatar, top right of the page.
are our mod really that gullible.
where is the popcorn?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Welcome aboard.

We aren't just an "arguing about tubeless" forum you know. We also argue about: Disk brakes, carbon frames, chain lube ... the list is endless.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
We also argue about: Disk brakes, carbon frames, chain lube ... the list is endless.
No we don't..... :whistle:

Top Bottom