Ready to start!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Wow thats some pretty awful luck. Good point for a beginner right there, if changing or patching always check if the cause of the puncture is still present.
Or rather, check if the cause of any of the punctures is still present. There may be more than one. I've had two before, but this was the first time in more decades than I admit that I had three.

boydj

Legendary Member
Lock out the suspension. It's not required for road riding - just makes the bike a lot less efficient.

CXRAndy

Guru
Ive done a couple of hundreds on my tripster,. I have run 40 mm Schwalbe G Ones at 40-45 psi, It was so nice and comfy, albeit with a tiny and I mean tiny bit of drag.

Big slicks can be real quick :biggrin:

OP
OP
LibraRider

LibraRider

I DID IT GUYS!!!
I even cycled on a dual carriageway!!!
Im bloody knackered though.
5.2 mile for my first attempt can't be bad right?

Check out my strava and let me know what you think :smile:

I think for future rides I need to take some water with me and make sure I have some fuel in my belly though. Riding on an empty stomach left me feeling a bit sick.
It was good fun though! I liked it! Good job eh?

I can see the benefits and drawback of the suspension at the front now. Cycling over dips and bumps on the road is easier with the suspension but then it makes the hill climbs a nightmare. Especially when you're on a low gear, pounding away at the pedals and your just seem to be bouncing up and down :laugh:

May invest in a road bike when im a bit fitter :smile:

Im so happy!!!!!!

^_^^_^^_^^_^:bicycle:

tom73

Guru
Nice one :okay:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I DID IT GUYS!!!
I even cycled on a dual carriageway!!!
Im bloody knackered though.
5.2 mile for my first attempt can't be bad right?
Well done, an amazing first ride. How do you feel now, would you be happy to do it again in the next few days?
I checked your Strava and that was the worst kind of ride, downhill on the way out but then uphill for the return when you are starting to get tired.

it's a slippery slope from here, you will soon have three bikes and be riding 50 miles every week.... :laugh:

Oxford Dave

That was a better start than mine, first day out (Tuesday last week) was under three miles, the second day about 4 1/2 miles. I've ridden every day since I got the bike and today managed nearly 19 miles without any problems. It comes quicker than you expect when you first get started.

13 rider

Guru
Well done on your first ride :okay: Just a quick look at your Strava map ,could you head towards the reservoir to the left . Don't know the area but looks like there would be quieter roads
Good luck on your progress

Top Bottom