Real Men Ride 20s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
After Raleigh bought Moulton they embarked on a cost-cutting exercise to make it cheaper to produce. Bungy tyres did away with the suspension and associated moving parts.

I used one for the 8 miles to and from school, and rode my first 100km on it aged about 15.

It was a horrible bike.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I loved my sister Moulton I could have sworn it was a Mini Moulton in red mind you mine was a three gear Chrisom Flyer if I recall properly her hand me down. I remember the dirst time I rode it and got that massive chainset moving it felt like it flew up the road could only have been 10.

I prefer to ride something with normal wheels these days

62443d1423368216-maybe-27-5-isnt-best-both-worlds-lot-manufacturers-claiming-big-wheeled-bicycle.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Anyone remember the Raleigh RSW, the Allegro of cycling? Eschewing expensive suspension in favour of balloon tyres may have saved a few quid, but it was like cycling through treacle. A thoroughly unpleasant machine, yet like the Allegro there's a blummen owners club for them now!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 5119187, member: 259"]You can't stay up on that fence all day, you know.[/QUOTE]

GrumpyGregry, a man of strong opinions weakly held. But no one is perfect.

Tilley

Über Member
As my ICE trike is 20" all round and it does fold do I also comply.

mustang1

Guru
Twenty = pos, and it is nothing to do with the size of the wheels.

and as for those who confuse mixte or drop tube step-thru frames as ladies' frames? Nobbers to a man.

I have a fetish for mixte frames. Not only do they seem easy to get on and off this aiding with walking the bike.past red traffic lights, but because they are not in much demand, theives would should leave them alone and used prices should be rather low too.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
I have a fetish for mixte frames. Not only do they seem easy to get on and off this aiding with walking the bike.past red traffic lights, but because they are not in much demand, theives would should leave them alone and used prices should be rather low too.
my daughter's got one at uni. as one doing 'gender studies', i was able to point out to her that the mixte frame is genderless, which pleased her no end…

BSOh

Über Member

I love the look of them but they all seem quite large, probably too large for me. Hence my love of the Twenty

Top Bottom