Really happy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Today i went on my first club ride. It was 48 miles, and i really enjoyed it. There was a bit of wind, but it didnt seem to matter too much. And riding in a group is really different, nice to have people to talk to. Dont have a clue where abouts we went, which made it that bit more fun.
I managed to get my fastest speed aswell, 43.99mph. It felt like i was going lightening speed. :blush:
Cant wait till next week now. ;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Way to go Joe!

Riding in a group is great, just abide by club etiquette! Where did you do your 44mph? That's quite a speed for UK roads!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yep you do "poop it" when you have no idea where you are.... you'll soon know the roads like the back of your hand...... try mapping it on an OS map if you aren't sure - these internet ones are hard work if you are guessing the route..

Well done....

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
It was down some big hill. We went up a few shorted hills, one longer hill, then went to a cafe. Cant remember where the cafe was, but i shall find out. And the huge hill was just down from the cafe, made all the work going up the hill worth it.
Got to get used to all the hand signals aswell. :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Off your 'ed then with the dreaded bonk !!! heh heh.. Only kidding...48 mile's and back won't take you too far, so check a Map and look for some 'hills'...

yenrod

Reminds myself of a ride i did with a club - you go through places that you've never seen and think 'oh no i dont know where I am'....

Definately makes you 'keep up'.

Top Bottom