Rear brake cable for tern link

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anybody know what brake cable I need for a tern link rear - Ive looked on line - but not sure about getting the right end shape - they seem to have a round barrel shaped end ?

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Last time I replaced the rear brake cable on a Tern Link I used a long length of standard "Clarks" stainless steel brake cable, inner and outer as the orignal cables had corroded badly, it usually comes with a tip compatible with shimano on one end and an alternative system on the other end, make sure you keep the end that's compatible with your brake levers.

I also replaced the V-brake noodles, but in the past I've gotten away with cleaning them with pipe cleaners and bit of PTFE lube. Also, have a plentiful supply of cable ties, medium sized, as they seem to be used everywhere on the bike.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Last time I replaced the rear brake cable on a Tern Link I used a long length of standard "Clarks" stainless steel brake cable, inner and outer as the orignal cables had corroded badly, it usually comes with a tip compatible with shimano on one end and an alternative system on the other end, make sure you keep the end that's compatible with your brake levers.

I also replaced the V-brake noodles, but in the past I've gotten away with cleaning them with pipe cleaners and bit of PTFE lube. Also, have a plentiful supply of cable ties, medium sized, as they seem to be used everywhere on the bike.
ok - thanks - Im thinking this would do it ?

cable link

also the curved steel(aluminuim??) tubes are badly corroded - Im guessing these are the 'noodles' you refer to are these a standard size - any idea where I could get some ?

the_mikey

Legendary Member
ok - thanks - Im thinking this would do it ?

cable link

also the curved steel(aluminuim??) tubes are badly corroded - Im guessing these are the 'noodles' you refer to are these a standard size - any idea where I could get some ?

Yes, that should do it, although I bought the stainless steel version in the vain hope that it might last a little bit longer.

si_c

Guru
It sounds like it's a standard v-brake cable. You can get replacement noodles easily enough - Amazon have them for example - but SJS cycles stock them as do Spa I assume and in all likelihood your local bike shop should have some lying around and if not should be able to get them in.

Top Bottom