Rear Brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Any suggestions for getting the bolt that dont want to move off.
very generous spraying of teflon?
can you post a pic with an arrow pointing to the one you can't undo...?

take it back to the shop mate.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I think i'm going to end up taking it back to the shop at the weekend. I cant get the brakes appart without taking this one screw off. There Shimano 2200 brakes. I loosend the central pivot screw, even to the point where it is too much, and it still wont work. So i'll ride it down to the shop at the weekend and get them to look at it.
Cheers

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Heres a picture of it. Not the exact, but it looks pretty much the same.
The bolt i cant undo is in black. And the grub screw is where the red arrow is pointing to, but further back. to the rear of the brake.
brake.jpg

Joseph, its actually quite important that you do not feck with your bike when it is still covered by warranty. Its covered and they are obliged by law to fix it but they arent obliged to put the brake caliper back together once it is in bits.

Take it back to the shop.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

:biggrin: Full name used, must be bad.:sad:
It got better, so i can use it, but it still stick sometimes. So it is going to go back to the shop. I did think it had got better at one point, but nope every so often it sticks on.
I cant get it down after school because its dark unlit roads all the way down. and weekends i end up doing something else, and they arent open on a Sunday.
Cheers for the information Mickle

Top Bottom