Rear Brompton lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
now I've succumbed to the joys of Brompton, I've switched the rear reflector for a simple on/off light & reflector unit from Decathlon that fits the same mount holes and have a Cateye volt 50 that mounts to the saddle rails for my bright as the sun and flash option light.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
can you point me to the relevant Deacthlon unit?

link below

Trelock LS 812 - it fits perfectly to the reflector bracket and is quite a stiff slider power switch so doesn't get knocked or jiggled on whilst the bike is folded the unit is very solidly put together too and allen bolt screwed shut so you've no worries at all that it is going to pop to pieces folded on the tram or in the car. It's lived happily through some pretty heavy rain over the winter and is still running strong on its original AA batteries. The top white diffuser is sensibly thought out and gives a good consistent spread of light across the unit with magnified side illumination.
I'm told the light will flash as a low battery indicator but I've not run them far enough down yet to see it happen.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ls-812-trelock-rear-pannier-bike-light-id_8271923.html?LGWCODE=1659100;53453;4414&utm_source=google&utm_term=CYCLE SAFETY / PROTECTION&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Price Comparison&gclid=CKzRlPH9j74CFTQQtAodXRIAXw

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I use a moon cresent USB rechargeable. rubber clips around the seat post so can attach / detach in a second. As I have a longer Titanium seat post it doesnt effect the fold when attached anyway

jay clock

Massive member
link below

Trelock LS 812 - it fits perfectly to the reflector bracket and is quite a stiff slider power switch so doesn't get knocked or jiggled on whilst the bike is folded the unit is very solidly put together too and allen bolt screwed shut so you've no worries at all that it is going to pop to pieces folded on the tram or in the car. It's lived happily through some pretty heavy rain over the winter and is still running strong on its original AA batteries. The top white diffuser is sensibly thought out and gives a good consistent spread of light across the unit with magnified side illumination.
I'm told the light will flash as a low battery indicator but I've not run them far enough down yet to see it happen.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ls-812-trelock-rear-pannier-bike-light-id_8271923.html?LGWCODE=1659100;53453;4414&utm_source=google&utm_term=CYCLE SAFETY / PROTECTION&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Price Comparison&gclid=CKzRlPH9j74CFTQQtAodXRIAXw
Just got one. Slightly odd in that it is huge but only has a single LED that diffuses across the top, and the whole bottom 2/3rds is just a reflector. And the nut on one of the bolts is the wrong size so cue tons of ferrying around in old boxes to find a new one. But it looks ideal as fit and forget light

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
If you have the budget, there's no substitute for the dynohub. Bright lights, and with the light-sensor (or just left permanently on), they are completely fit-and-forget. No batteries, no messing, just get on and go.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
If you have the budget, there's no substitute for the dynohub. Bright lights, and with the light-sensor (or just left permanently on), they are completely fit-and-forget. No batteries, no messing, just get on and go.

If it's just a front wheel, where can I get a replacement front wheel built on a dynohub?

CopperBrompton

Did I mention that it's also gorgeous?

m8l-18.jpg

m8l-19.jpg

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member

I have one of those. My problem is the cables sometimes come loose folding and unfolding the bike, especially on the rear lamp. Another problem with the rear lamp is that I am never quite sure which mode it's in. It has a three way switch, but I am not sure what the difference is. I have tried various Busch & Muller lamps, but none of them seem to work quite right.

CopperBrompton

Not had that issue. I used to leave my lights on S (light Sensor mode) so they came on automatically when it got dark, but on realising that I can't feel the difference between 1% resistance (lights off) and 4% resistance (lights on), I now just keep them on day and night.

Top Bottom