Rear cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
For some reason you are not getting my contribution Scotia Lass can you read this?

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
If cassette worn it would be more big ring slippage. Is it definitely slipping as opposed to skipping between gears at back?
Is there any play in bottom bracket?
It doesn't feel like it's skipping....when you pedal it's 'lumpy' and varies between catching and not catching (so slipping). Does that make ANY sense?

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'm thinking this is beyond my capabilities right now and am going to call the LBS (where I bought it).
I don't want to be without my MTB as I use it most of the time, but it needs sorting properly and I do have the hybrid....I just can't tear about on that they way I do on the MTB :laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm thinking this is beyond my capabilities right now and am going to call the LBS (where I bought it).
I don't want to be without my MTB as I use it most of the time, but it needs sorting properly and I do have the hybrid....I just can't tear about on that they way I do on the MTB :laugh:
Please don't be offended, but I don't suppose you could have threaded your new chain through the derailleur incorrectly? Just a thought.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Picked up the bike today. New rear cassette and running like a dream!

Top Bottom