Rear derailleur, £799.99

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carrock

derailleur

Perhaps the guy who want to know which decent £4000 roadbike to buy has bought it....

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
metal cage, jockey wheels and springs, regular high end stuff is ludicrously over priced, but this is just insane. You can't even brag about it coz most people would automatically class you as a to**er for buying one.

wlc1

:tongue:

He got them from a sponsor - does that matter ?

I wouldn't say no if I got given them - but your right - people do think he's paid for them himself and I'm sure give him odd looks.

yenrod

yenrod said:
This is a bit like when I seen a pinarrello with some electric dura-ace stuff and it was 9k !!!!!!!!!!!

So you quote there Tharg is very EXACT mate ::wink

God dammit seven hundred pounds for 199grm for example - that makes it: £5.88 a gram...... :wahhey:

Where'as a 105 is 21p per grm total being 232grms.

http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/product/RD_SHIMANO_5600_SS.html?action=currency&id=GBP

Ahem...£1170.12 :wahhey: (Lend us a fiver yenrod :wahhey: )
£6.66 per gram for the Lightweight...
Interestingly, this morning I was reading about the DuraAce Di2 on the Sky Pinarello - and that weighs 225gms - about the same as a 105! And (including the shifters, battery pack etc) is about £4.07/gm - although there is a DuraAce chainset, BB etc thrown in the price so,ultimately, it is even cheaper!:hyper:
I'll have two.

Why all the negativity? I'll concede that it isn't the prettiest drailler in the world but when you consider the kind of useless crap that people are prepared to spend fortunes on I think it's great that a mere bicycle component can cost so much. So what if those few grammes of weight saving are never the difference between winning or losing a race, I'd much rather people bought expensive draillers than spent money on their bloody car options list or useless jewellery or on marble wall tiles in the crapper.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I would like to see bike racing returning to sanity and done with off the peg machines that can be bought in any bike shops. They have banned those skin tight body suits in swimming so lets ban a lot of the equipment and have budget restrictions for bike teams etc.

Top Bottom