Rear facing video camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The hill is very steep, they slowed down and then slammed the brakes on, I gently collided into the boot of the car.
Went around to the driver and asked why? Just sat there staring at the windscreen and ignored me.

I probably won't be popular but the driver close passed you within one inch, slowed on a steep descent and then slammed on the brakes.

Yet you hadn't adjusted your speed or stopping distance to avoid riding in to the back of the car.

I don't think a rear facing camera solves any of that.

OP
OP
Denis99

Denis99

Über Member
The car slammed the brakes on, like an emergency stop, nothing in front of the car.

The car locked it’s brakes up, it was a deliberate action to cause an incident, or make some from of deranged point.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The car slammed the brakes on, like an emergency stop, nothing in front of the car.

The car locked it’s brakes up, it was a deliberate action to cause an incident, or make some from of deranged point.
This isn't what you originally described and I'm afraid my view is still one would hopefully be far enough back to avoid most collisions. If you were turning left your speed would be what, perhaps 15mph at most. The car was traveling this slowly?

Or the car had accelerated away and you used the steep descent to catch up? I'm sorry if you don't like my view but as I've said a rear facing camera won't prevent you riding in to the back of a car and would not have proved anything in relation to this.

How can you be sure there was no reason for the driver to react?

OP
OP
Denis99

Denis99

Über Member
It seems you know more about this encounter than me.

The left turn, is were the road has a bend on it.

The road continues around the bend, but the left turn is really straight on, there are give way lines from the oncoming traffic.

The close pass was very close, almost malicious, the hard brake stop was definitely malicious.

No the camera wouldn’t stop this action, but I would have evidence to take to the police.

The aim is to address actions like this, get the police involved, and hopefully some sort of action from the police.

I wasn’t looking to have this action taken against me.
I am a straight forward guy. No error on my part, apart from being on the road at the wrong time.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Have ordered the Cycliq rear facing camera.

Have a spare micro sd card, although it won’t prevent the incidents, at least I can report irresponsible drivers that pass too close at speed.

I hope you never need to use it evidentially but, if so, be prepared for apathy.
It can sometimes be a real struggle to be taken seriously, even though I report only the very worst examples.

2old2care

Über Member
Have ordered the Cycliq rear facing camera.

Have a spare micro sd card, although it won’t prevent the incidents, at least I can report irresponsible drivers that pass too close at speed.
You can get a rack mount for the Fly6 ce.

Top Bottom