1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Light Mounting (TL-LD1100)

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Graham O, 5 Nov 2007.

1. Graham O

Graham O New Member

Hello, I've just received a Cateye LD1100 rear light and on looking on the Cateye website, I see that it talks about a rear rack mount (on the comparison page). However, they don't have a particular bracket for rack mounting. I'm wondering how one is meant to mount it to a rear rack, rather than the seat post, or if people have got a good diy approach?

Thanks for your help

2. Joe

Joe Über Member

I think this may be what you're after.
    http://wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360032017&N=Cateye Rear Carrier Mounting

Having said that I'm sure mine came with a (different to this) fitting for a rear rack.

3. Graham O

Graham O New Member

Brilliant. That's just what I'm after. Many thanks. I wonder why I couldn't find it on the Cateye website? Probably blind! Just had another look and still can't find it. Oh well, I'll get one from Wiggle then.

4. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

i think it's listed on the importers website (zyro) make sure it can't be easily removed when you put it on . a clubmate has had two of them nicked.

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Use Torx headed bolt and use (high torque) Locktite on the back nut.
    You will of course need a hacksaw or drill if you ever want to remove it.