Rear light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andywinds

Hi, Can you recommend a rear light that is bright enough but can also fit under a rear saddle bag please?

Lazyne micro drive rear or those cat eye volt ones.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Hi, Can you recommend a rear light that is bright enough but can also fit under a rear saddle bag please?
How do you mean fit under a rear saddle bag?

Just on the seat post lower down or attached to the bag.

If just lower then any that have the seatpost mount will work as they would further up.

Many nowadays have the notched band and knurled nut clip set up so can go on the rear triangle if absolutely necessary - offside of course for best visibility to drivers side in a car.

If.fitting to the bag then it may be a fettle with zip ties to make it work, but not an ideal solution.

+1 to the cateye volt, it is a very good, bright, robust light, long time between charges, USB charging, dual flash/steady mode if you wish to only run one light (hmmm). I am really impressed with mine, but it came as standard with a saddle rail mount - IMO flimsy and doesn't fit necessarily on every set of saddle rails, Brooks for one. I got a seatpost mount for mine for a couple of quid in Evans and it's much better.

The Minoura Space Grip / Topeak Handlebar extender are very versatile

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41M7CY6378L.jpg

They can fit to a seat post or the down tube and provide a solid fixing for a rear light

This is then positioned lower and further back clearing the saddlebag

Top Bottom