rear rack advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi @Georgem123 all I can say is for the life in me I just can not remember what make mine is (ok another senior moment) but is is the wide style and an alloy one,it also to a point depend on just how much weigh you are going to put on it and belive me mine has so far stood some lol 55 kilo's at best so far.So please buy the best you can afford and style well to me function is far more important than how good it looks.

OP
OP
G

Georgem123

Hi @Georgem123 all I can say is for the life in me I just can not remember what make mine is (ok another senior moment) but is is the wide style and an alloy one,it also to a point depend on just how much weigh you are going to put on it and belive me mine has so far stood some lol 55 kilo's at best so far.So please buy the best you can afford and style well to me function is far more important than how good it looks.
ah cheers, i'm looking to carry 10-15kg probably

anyone got any advice on 'axiom' rearracks?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I prefer a normal style over a narrow for rack bags and all in one style panniers. The narrow Bontrager rack I got to fit my roadie wasn't up to much really other than a side mounted pannier.

Ern1e

Über Member
ah cheers, i'm looking to carry 10-15kg probably

anyone got any advice on 'axiom' rearracks?
A mate of mine has one and as not given him any prob's and after going to take a look see mine is a Beto which is or so I am told an american item which I found in a near by LBS and purchased at a knock down price as it was old stock.

OP
OP
G

Georgem123

A mate of mine has one and as not given him any prob's and after going to take a look see mine is a Beto which is or so I am told an american item which I found in a near by LBS and purchased at a knock down price as it was old stock.

ah nice, i will take a look at my lbs for some

jhawk

Veteran
why do you say they may not be what im looking for?

No idea now that I think of it! :wacko:

I guess it was the words "light touring", when these puppies will take you around the world! Although I realise now that it doesn't really matter whether it's "light" or not... Forget I said that! :tongue:

OP
OP
G

Georgem123

No idea now that I think of it! :wacko:

I guess it was the words "light touring", when these puppies will take you around the world! Although I realise now that it doesn't really matter whether it's "light" or not... Forget I said that! :tongue:
haha well im going from england to italy if that helps

Another Tubus fan here. I have three Tubus racks in use, a Tara on the front of my Surly Long Haul Trucker and a Cargo Expedition on the rear. On my mountain bike which gets used for touring I have a Tubus Swing. This is the Cargo Expedition for example ...

IMG_2820.jpg

Andrew

Yellow7

Über Member
I use the American Surly 'Nice' racks, made from 10mm CroMoly steel tubing so all-in-all a very strong rack. Supplied with an almost 'mechano kit' of nuts, bolts and brackets to enable fitting to many-a frame possible. Available in the U.K. here, the price has increased somewhat from when I purchased (2008). Both front and rear are quite wide with the front one having top rack area that I find ideal for my sleeping bag to sit.

Top Bottom