Rear Road Bike Wheel For £100 ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
If I wanted to use a road bike like the Caad for both commuting and weekend races/TTs/Sportives I'd have two sets of wheels: A hand-built set of 36 spokers for commuting and whatever 24 spoke factory-built bling I could afford for the sportier stuff.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's how it starts, then you think nicer cassette, oh maybe a different chain, but what about wear rates? Hmmm, seperate chainset, but I also want a sportier ride position and should I be constantly adjusting...ah.....sod it....it needs another bike!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I should have said that was a more expensive Mavic Kysrium not an Askium :biggrin:

Ahhh, Fair enough, but still 24 spoke, with between 14 and 17 stone on them ? are they THAT strong ?

Ahhh, Fair enough, but still 24 spoke, with between 14 and 17 stone on them ? are they THAT strong ?

Mine have been really strong and survived crashes but I'm only 9,10ish. I think the bloke who snapped the spoke on his kysriums was 15stone or more; they are quality strong wheels and he said it was the first time it had happened but if you consider them consider some spare spokes also. I think if I was in your position I'd go for plainly spoked mavics.

Top Bottom