Reasons to be Cheerful

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I rang HSBC to get a new chequebook. The recorded message said that their staff were working at home due to Covid and that there might be some domestic noises in the background. I was put through to a lady with a slight Chinese/American accent who might have been abroad. We had just started talking when a cock crowed very loudly next to the phone. I fell about laughing and so did she.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Doing two of those Numbnuts but I will fight the last one to the end and refuse surrender.

D

Deleted member 1258

I woke up..........

Thats always a bonus.

Been trying to get an old Lexmark printer working on my Linux based PC.

I tried several Lexmark drivers with no success and then moved onto Generic drivers with similar results - the file is sent for printing but nothing comes out.

So I tried a a work around and copied the file to a flash drive and tried to print it that way - Flash drive not recognised!!! After some turning off and on I get the flash drive recognised but now it says that there are no usable files - it needs photo files:sad:. Therefore I duly changed the file from pdf to png. Still no good.

As a final final throw of the dice I changed the file to .jpg with a really frustrating "computer says no" result.

More in hope than expectation I changed the file suffix to .JPG instead of .jpg and after two and a half hours of toil a very satisfying "something being printed sound"emitted from the Lexmark^_^

i suspect that we'll not get too many "ding dongs" this weekend due to C-19.
last year, we had zero visitors. this year, we prepared nothing. so naturally, I left the front door ajar in my haste coming home & was doing dishes when the doorbell rang. I apologized profusely & found a tiny pumpkin on the nearby desk & handed it to the 1 boy on our doorstep

tiny pumpkin.jpg

Top Bottom